We just got back from SAME SBC Dallas last week so I thought it fitting to write a blog on A/E/C trends using current Fedmine data. It also helps that we led a breakout session on this exact topic. :)
SAME SBC is an annual small business conference for the Federal Architecture, Engineering, Construction and Facility Maintenance/Management Industry. The purpose of the conference is to bring together federal agencies and businesses operating in the federal marketplace to:
- connect with teaming partners
- support the nation's contracting goals
- engage in networking between private companies and federal program managers and CO's
- learn and/or share upcoming contracting opportunities
- deliver comprehensive market research
This was our 3rd year attending the conference and as always we found it successful and enjoyable. While our breakout session was much more comprehensive, I wanted to highlight a subset within the A/E/C industry for this blog, namely the C (construction).
Let's take a look at one of the top NAICS within Construction — 236220
Looking across the past 3 FY, these were the findings.
- In FY19, there were $17.38B in awards made to 4,087 companies. The top agencies were Army, Navy, GSA and Department of Veterans Affairs. Almost half of the work was not set-aside and 42.2% went to small businesses.
- In FY18, there were $21.04B in awards made to 4,429 companies. The top agencies were Army, Navy, State and GSA. Almost half was not set-aside but 45.2% went to small business.
- Finally, in FY17 there were $18.32B in awards made to 4,582 companies. The top agencies were Army, State, Navy and GSA. Over half of the work was not set-aside and 42.4% went to small businesses.
The graph below shows the top small businesses under NAICS 236220 for FY19, interestingly only one is a JV!
Analyzing data and looking at trends is always so interesting. There is no limit to how you can view federal spending data using Fedmine.
Posts by Topic
- Federal Business Intelligence
- Federal Prime Contracting
- Contract Data
- Federal Business Opportunities
- Federal Contract Spend
- Small Business Contracts
- Federal Government Agencies
- business intelligence tools
- federal government contracts
- government data
- Size Standard
- competitive intelligence
- federal prime contractors
- government contracts
- category management
- company information
- federal agency
- government contract opportunities
- prime contractor
- real time data
- women owned small business
- Federal Data Sources
- Oasis on-ramp
- Simplified Acquisition Procedure
- Simplified Acquisition Threshold
- Small Business Interest Groups
- alliant 2 SB
- big data
- contracts during government shutdown
- federal spending
- government shutdown
- hurricane spending
- spending on emergency
- verified firm
- veteran owned firm